LSAT Practice — Analytical Reasoning
Questions 1-4 are based on the following information:
Quantum, a specialty restaurant, is open for business every Monday through Saturday but is closed Sundays. Lunch is the only meal served on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Dinner is the only meal served on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The restaurant's floors are polished and its plants are watered only on days that Quantum is open for business, according the following schedule:
- Plants are watered two days each week, but never on consecutive days and never on the same day that floors are polished.
- Floors are polished on Monday and two other days each week, but never on consecutive days and never on the same day that plants are watered.
If dinner is served on a day that plants are watered, which of the following must be true?
- Plants are watered on Tuesday.
- Floors are polished on Thursday.
- Plants are watered on Wednesday.
- Floors are polished on Wednesday.
- Plants are watered on Saturday.
Refer to this basic diagram. Only under schedule 3 must dinner be served on the same day (Friday) that plants are watered as well. By this schedule floors must be polished on Thursday. The correct response is (B).