LSAT Practice — Analytical Reasoning
Questions 1-4 are based on the following information:
Quantum, a specialty restaurant, is open for business every Monday through Saturday but is closed Sundays. Lunch is the only meal served on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Dinner is the only meal served on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The restaurant's floors are polished and its plants are watered only on days that Quantum is open for business, according the following schedule:
- Plants are watered two days each week, but never on consecutive days and never on the same day that floors are polished.
- Floors are polished on Monday and two other days each week, but never on consecutive days and never on the same day that plants are watered.
According to the schedule, which of the following could be true?
- Plants are watered on Wednesday.
- Lunch is served on Friday.
- Floors are polished on Tuesday.
- Dinner is served on Thursday.
- Plants are watered on Monday.
Refer to this basic diagram. Plants could be watered on Wednesday if floors are polished on Monday, Thursday and Saturday (schedule 3 in the diagram). You can also answer the question by elimination: all answer choices but (A) make assertions that must be false under any schedule. The correct response is (A).