GRE Analytical Writing (the GRE Essay Section)
Here you'll find a plethora of information about the GRE Analytical Writing section, along with practical tips and an exemplary essay for each of the two 30-minute GRE writing tasks: "Analyze an Issue" and "Analyze and Argument."
To further help you perform your best during the GRE Analytical Writing section, also available are some sage points of advice for GRE essay prep and a list of time-tested writing tips that apply to both GRE writing tasks.
Facts about GRE Analytical Writing:
- Section structure; skills tested; the two writing tasks
- Procedural aspects of the Analytical Writing section
- The GRE word processor's editing functions
- How GRE essays are evaluated and scored
- How to download the GRE essay topics
The 30-minute Issue writing task:
- Format of the Issue prompt; the six directives
- Tips for composing your GRE Issue essay
- An Issue prompt and an exemplary response
The 30-minute Argument writing task: