GMAT Overview — General Information, Prep Advice and Testing Tips
The links on this page provide a good GMAT introduction for prospective test takers seeking general exam information and guidance.
The information here is intended merely as an overview — not as a comprehensive resource. For complete and up-to-date GMAT information, be sure to consult the official GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) website.
Essential information about the GMAT:
- What is the GMAT, and who must take the exam?
- GMAT test structure, question formats, time limits
- Procedural aspects of GMAT testing
- How computer-adaptive GMAT testing works
Scoring, score reporting, registration and related procedures:
- GMAT scaled scores and percentile rankings
- Converting "raw" Quantitative scores to scaled scores
- Converting "raw" Verbal scores to scaled scores
- GMAT score reports and the score-reporting process
- Test registration; canceling scores; retaking the GMAT
Advice and strategies for GMAT testing and preparation:
- Basic strategies for the Quantitative and Verbal sections
- How not to prepare for the GMAT
- Study plans for various needs, time frames and budgets
- Advice for investing in GMAT-prep products and services
- Which test should you take: the GMAT or GRE?
From this site's GMAT tutorial series :