The American WWII Orphans Network . . .
- Locates and registers all American WWII orphans and their fathers.
- Holds local, regional and national gatherings.
- Maintains on-line communication with WWII orphans from all over the World.
- Directs orphans to sources of information about their fathers from military
and government records.
- Directs orphans to sources of information for locating war buddies, family and
friends of their fathers.
- Helps family and friends locate the families of men who were killed in WWII.
- Welcomes Family and Associate Memberships from those other than sons and daughters,
from sponsoring individuals and organizations, from veterans groups, members of the
media, and other interested parties.
Any son or daughter of a soldier, seaman, airman, marine,
member of the coast guard or merchant marine who was killed, permanently
listed as missing in action, or who died in the line of duty or later died
of wounds or injuries sustained during the war,
is eligible to join as an Orphan Member of AWON.